McObject® has provided database management system (DBMS) software since 2001. The company’s eXtremeDB® DBMS product family solves key data management challenges ranging from the need for real-time performance, zero administration and “smart” features on field-deployed devices, to Big Data analytics on the servers that aggregate and crunch data from devices. eXtremeDB pioneered the in-memory database market and continues to lead the way with the speed, flexibility and security that is essential to today’s data management systems.
We offer many unique features to aid professional developers in optimizing their data management strategy.
• A hybrid database system-eXtremeDB combines the strengths of the on-disk and all-in-memory approaches to data management in a DBMS. eXtremeDB was originally designed and optimized as an in-memory database system, enabling more efficient data management.
• The unique eXtremeDB Active Replication Fabric™ is the foundation for eXtremeDB High Availability, eXtremeDB Cluster and IoT data replication. IoT data replication, in particular, must handle:
o intermittent connectivity
o low bandwidth (e.g., LoRaWAN)
o secure transfer
• Multiple application programming interfaces (APIs).
• B-Tree, R-Tree, Patricia Trie, KD-Tree, Trigram and Hash indexes
• A wide range of supported data types – in addition to the usual scalar data types, eXtremeDB supports strings, structures, arrays, vectors and BLOBs for maximum efficiency.
• Statistical analysis – eXtremeDB HPC comes with a library of more than 100 functions for performing statistical analysis on time series data, such as grand, group, grid and window averages to name a few.
• Pipelining – eXtremeDB’s extensive library of math functions are building blocks that can be assembled into a pipeline to minimize data transfers and maximally exploit the CPU and L1/L2/L3 cache.
• Columnar and conventional row-oriented storage – The best of OLTP and time series data management.
• Horizontal partitioning (sharding) – Elastically scale databases on-premises or in the cloud. Utilize every CPU and every core.
• Tools that support the encryption of data in transit as well as at rest.
• A hard real-time option. eXtremeDB/rt is the first and only deterministic embedded database management system for mission- and safety-critical hard real-time applications.